We are planning to hit up the Yaak River. A Class 4 river, but at these lower flows maybe a class 3/class 4 river. We will be leaving tomorrow early early in the morning. If you are interested call me 403-894-7773
Lower St. Mary is running at 20ish - low but OKWe may be on for the short surf run to the A-frame this morning.Stew
Lower St. Mary is running at 20ish - low, but OK.We may be on for a short surf run this morning.Stew
Surf's upNice level for the A-frame run of the Lower St. Mary and Hubert, Jollin and I tried to shake-off some winter rust. Rain Wave was good but small, #2 was excellent - quite fast and good eddy service along river right. Maybe 23 cms.I think Di and I will run it again during the day Wed.Stew
Yaak was quite nice. It was at low flows, but was definitely a good run even if low. From talking to the locals, it seems like the main rapid stays pretty consistent at a variety of flows.Definitely a good run. The main river is characterized by huge pillows off walls in zig zaggy corners. Stonechest was quite stout and steep with big waves. Definitely not a Montana overgrade. Stonechest was located at the end of the first canyon.We didn't get time to go for a quick run down Big creek as well.
The Lower St. Mary's been boosted up to the mid-50's - an excellent level. Rather cool weather forecast but probably even cooler in the mountains.We'll be in BC for the weekend and hope that the St. Mary stays up for a while.Enjoy.Stew
A fatality at the Pinch-O-Creek festival - running Lunbreck Falls, Sunday.http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2010/05/24/crowsnest-kayaker-dies-lundbreck-falls-kooperberg-calgary.htmlvery tragicS
St. Mary is still up (70 cms). Mid-day surf-run Wed.Stew & Di
Excellent mid-day surf run on the Lower St. Mary today, while the sun was out. Flow was around 50 cms and everyone found good waves.With continuing cool weather and considerable rain in the forecast, it should flow for a while longer.Stew, Di & Craig
I am thinking of doing Lower St. Mary's on Saturday for whoever wants in. I will be keeping a close eye on the flows but they are still remaining high. call me if you want in 403-894-7773
Janson,I'm committed with work on Saturday but we hope to get out Sunday or more likely, Monday. Flow is up to 200 cms - full on.Stew
I am off to Calgary tomorrow! but lets hit it sunday!!! Give me a call STEW!!!! FULL ON FUN!!!
k meeting at the amonia tanks at 1 near lower St. call me before if you wanna car pool. 403-894-7773
Post a Comment