Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Flows are up!

Check out the flows. Many of them are up due to snow melt from our good friend the Chinook (thanks Chris for forwarding on the tip from Chuck in Pincher). We may be trying for a local run Thursday and then Castle on Saturday. Castle has peeked and is on it's way down, but we are hoping it will stay above 30 for the weekend. Make sure and comment if you are interested in going on one of these trips.


Linda said...

I want to go. I'll be in Lethbridge on Saturday til dinner time.
I can do the Castle on Sunday (late morning/early afternoon only).
Best wishes,
Linda Englehart

Nathan said...

Me and the brother had to back out. We were trying to squeeze paddling in between too many other commitments. I can't believe old Mother Nature would throw such great flows at us at such a bad time for us :-) Keep checking the post, Linda. Others may want to head out. You should also contact the paddlers in Pincher. Chuck Lee made it sound like there would be many paddlers cashing in on some Fall surfing.

Happy Paddling!

stew & di said...


Forecast for about -5 to +5C for the next few days - snow predicted - too cold for us with old-folks.

All of the snowpack at Akamina came down last week but it's early. Here's hoping for an epic snow winter that will also ensure good spring/summer flows.

Stew & Di said...

Check this out!

I think we can forget about the Going-to-the-Sun road for 2007.

More than 25 cm of rain at the Many Glacier's snow-site.