Wednesday, May 06, 2009

What To Do When Your Home Rivers Are Still Frozen!!! -- By David Stephan


On a recent trip to Barbados, I attempted to do some surfing. After days of frustration and little success I decided to try what I know. KAYAKING. Unfortunately there is only one place on the island that I know of that you can get hooked up with a Kayak. As well it was my last day there and by the time I got the Kayak, I only had about a half hour to play.


The waves were big and it was definitely different from kayaking on a river. When you got flipped, you would get caught in the churn and it would beat you up, try to steal your paddle, and not want to let you go. Way more powerful than any rapid I have ever encountered on a river.


If you ever have a chance to go surfing in the ocean with a Kayak, I highly recommend it. Just be prepped for a bit of a beating.
Story and Adventure by:
David Stephan

No comments: