With the lower St. Mary flowing and 34C forecast, we propose a family float through Box Canyon for Monday.
This would be similar to last year's trip as we'll bring our raft and kids and we'd have room for a few others in the raft, and others could kayak or canoe.
Nathan - are you and your kids interested in joining us?
This is a chance to bring your non-kayaker spouse/partner along on one of our favorite local runs.
If you haven't yet enjoyed the lower St. Mary, it's a II+ run with a couple of III's and then Run-no-run (III+) and Hairpin (IV). All rapids are easy to portage (the kids will walk around the 2 bigger rapids). With flow of 45 cms, rapids will be smaller but there should be good play spots and surf, and warm water.
Reply on the blog and give us a call to reserve space on the raft.
Stew & Di