Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Hot Tubs



With Chucks River Rendezvous coming up next month, I figured I would check out the possibility of getting a hot tub for the event. Things look pretty good. Apparently rentals are $275 for a long weekend with a $1.25/km transportation fee (one way distance I believe). I am just checking with Chuck to find out if the power requirements are possible (15A at 120V, constant draw). If not a very good generator may do the trick. Lookiing good! It seats 10-12. I was figuring $2 an hour, or $10 a day. This would put the break even point at about 50 people (likely) or 250h (25 full tub hours). The hour thing would be hard to monitor. The daily pass would be much easier, but would lead to over crowding unless people were good about an hour time limit. Any ideas?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there any information out yet regarding this years rendezvous?

Hot tub would be really nice...

chris g said...

I got an email from Chuck with the detials. I was going to post it after I heard back from him with the Hot Tub details. It looks like things will be all but identical to last year.

Anonymous said...

Are we going to be involved with a breakfast again?

chris g said...

Yep. We are scheduled for Sat and Sun. I told Chuck we would not do Mon. but we would provide the food for it. Any volunteers?

I have a couple of friends who are willing to help out. I figured free boat rentals and a membership would be a fair exchange. I am trying hard to recruit new executive positions. This is the main reason for the memberships.

Anonymous said...

Good idea.... I'm unsure yet as to whether or not I will be there. There is some talk of a trip to City of Rocks for the first week of May. I want a redeeming run on the Castle though...

Do we still have the pool on Thursdays? If so, do you know the time?

chris g said...

Should still be 7:45 -9:30 on Thursday