Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Trips June 21st to 27th


Epi Pen
Originally uploaded by cgoble72.
Flows are still up. The Calgary area may be flooding, but down here things are looking quite rosy. Belly is down to a reasonable level. The Castle is at a decent level of 42cms. The creeks are still flowing, and it is sunny.

I am taking off to the Crowsnest pass Tuesday after school to check out Gold Creek and some other waterfalls. Later this week I am going to have a look at Hell Roaring by Crypt. Boundary creek over the Carthew Alderson Summit should be flowing, however I still worry about all the trees. The run definitely has some gradient, but who knows what the rapids are like?

Drywood has become quite popular. I think there has been at least a half dozen descents over the last two weeks. I still can't seem to make the last drop clean though. I wonder if a Rapid article on it is in the works for next year???

Post your trips for the week below. I know I would take advantage of the great conditions.

1 comment:

chris g said...

It looks like Siyeh is flowing right now. The snow bank at the top is completely gone. I imagine that means the run has been going on for a good week. Spencer Cox may be coming down this weekend to give it a go. They will either do it Sat. or Sunday, doing Cameron on the off day.