AWA River Rescue
Interested in taking the AWA 2-day River Rescue Course?
1) There may still be room this coming weekend in the River Rescue Course that Ernst Bergman is putting on for the Cottonwood Kayak Club. Contact Keegan Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) On Friday June 3rd and Saturday June 4th Ernst will be putting on another 2-day River Rescue Course on the North Saskatchewan. Cost of the course is $150 and funds are payable to the AWA. Please contact me email@example.com if you are interested in signing up.
3) Saskia van Mourik will be running the AWA River Rescue course on Thursday August 25th and Friday August 26th as part of the Junior's Paddle Camp. There will likely be space for other 'non-junior' paddlers to participate. Contact Lynn Jobe for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Jim McDonald will be offering the AWA River Rescue Course through the U of A later in un the season. Course dates are likely some time in August, but are not finalized. Contact Richard Simpson at 780-452-5878 x249 or by email at: Richard_Simpson@forcorp.com
AWA Trip Leader
Immediately following the River Rescue Course, Ernst Bergman will be offering a 2-day Trip Leader's program for Trip Leader Instructor Candidates, on Sunday June 5th and Monday June 6th. Although the AWA Trip Leader Program is normally an 8 hour program, this 2 day program is designed to fast-track strong Trip Leader Instructor candidates who are interested in going on to teach this program to clubs and other paddling groups. Please contact me email@example.com if you are interested in becoming an Trip Leader Instructor, and I will provide you with further Details on the 2 day program.
Level 1 Instructors Course
1) Saskia van Mourik will be offering the NCCP Level 1 course in the Calgary area in June 11-12. Please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in getting in on this course.
2) Roy Sharplin is offering NCCP Level 1 course June 7th, 8th, and 9th for U of A Paddlers. This is open to non U of A paddlers as well. Contact Richard Simpson at 780-452-5878 x249 or by email at: Richard_Simpson@forcorp.com
Level 2 Instructors Course
1) Chuck Lee will be running a Level 2 Instructor's Course on June 11th and 12th. The cost $160 plus $20 AWA fee. Contact Chuck at email@example.com for more information.
2) Roy Sharplin is offering a Level 2 Instructor's Course on July 23rd and 24th for the U of A Paddlers. This is open to non U of A paddlers as well. Contact Richard Simpson at 780-452-5878 x249 or by email at: Richard_Simpson@forcorp.com